Services in Clayton
The Department of Public Works has the responsibility for operating and maintaining a system of distribution lines, storage reservoirs, production wells, and the metering system needed to deliver and measure an adequate, portable supply of water for residential, commercial, and industrial users and fire protection within the Town’s service area.
The Town provides water service to about 1,100 customers utilizing a drive-by remote read metering system and an in-house billing process. Maintenance is fully provided by Town employees.
When calling for water meter installation or maintenance, please allow 48 hours. Call the Town Office at (302) 653-8419 or use the Service Request Form.
- Operates, repairs, and maintains four (4) deep production wells with a capacity of 400,000 gallons per day.
- Services, installs, and maintains over 1,000 water meters.
- Maintains two (2) elevated storage reservoirs with a total capacity of 200,000 gallons.
- Maintains over 10 miles of water main.
- Operates one-half of 24-hour on-call service.
- Operates one-half of “Miss Utility” locate service.
- Assists in snow removal.
- Performs required testing to meet all State and Federal drinking water requirements.
The current monthly water rates are as follows:
- $9.50 - first 2,000 gallons
- $4.50 - each additional 1,000 gallons
Second Water Meter
See below downloads for Water Meter Instructions