Safety Tips for Children in the Home
- If you own a gun and have children living or visiting your residence, make sure the guns and ammunition are locked and secured. Gun locks are available for free at the police department.
- Make sure all children living in or visiting your residence are familiar with an emergency escape plan and that they know locations of phones in order to call 911.
- Make sure all poisons and medication(s) are not accessible to children.
- Make sure you and your children are familiar with internet safety practices to protect them from predators. Computer safety information is available at the police department.
- Make sure your children are familiar with stranger safety when playing in and around the neighborhood.
- Make sure children are familiar with playing safely including:
- wearing helmets
- staying out of the streets and away from the railroad tracks
- watching for unsafe weather conditions.