Live Fire Alarm Log
- Tue Jan, 31 2023 @ 12:46
- Nature: Traffic Collision - High Mechanism
- Location: Green Gavel Auctions - Clayton
500 North Bassett St
- City: , DE 00000
- Sun Jan, 29 2023 @ 17:19
- Nature: Medical Emergency
- Thu Jan, 26 2023 @ 15:54
- Nature: Alarms - Commercial Structure
- Location: Metal Masters - Clayton
100 Industrial Blvd
- City: , DE 00000
Parks and Recreation
- Less than an hour to Wilmington and the Brandywine Valley destinations
- The Delaware beaches are little more than an hour away.
- Philadelphia and Baltimore are within 90 minutes
- The Pocono Mountains, New York, and Washington, D.C. are all about two hours away
Bombay Hook offers visitors the opportunity to enjoy wildlife observation along a 12-mile wildlife drive with five walking trails, three observation towers, and a visitor center with interpretative displays. Calendar of Events.
For additional information see the calendar of events or call (302) 653-6872.
The Blackbird State Forest offers camping, horseback riding, hunting, and other activities. Please call (302) 653-6505 for more information about activities permitted in certain areas. More than 10,000 acres of public wildlife area are within minutes of Clayton.
In addition to Little League, local associations offer Pop Warner Football and Cheerleading, as well as soccer through the Central Delaware Soccer Association. The Police Athletic League offers basketball at local schools. The Boys’ and Girls’ Club of Smyrna, additionally, provides many other programs at their East Commerce Street facility.
Garrison’s Lake, south of Smyrna, offers these activities and golf as a State of Delaware park.
The grounds of St. Joseph’s at Providence Creek Academy in Clayton are also available for walking and bicycling when school is not in session.
The Kent County Department of Parks and Recreation offers many free and fee-based activities for all ages that are hosted throughout the county. A semi-annual guide is published. Please contact the county directly at:
555 Bay Road
Dover, DE 19901