Live Fire Alarm Log
- Mon Oct, 21 2019 @ 13:32
- Nature: Gas Leak-Outside
4739 Wheatleys Pond Rd
- City: Smyrna, DE 19977
- Wed Oct, 16 2019 @ 15:07
- Nature: Medical Emergency
- City: Clayton
- Wed Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:40
- Nature: Alarm - Residential (Single)
978 Blackbird Forest Rd
- City: Clayton, DE 19938
- Check your fuses and circuit breakers.
- Inform everyone in your family where the breaker box is located and how to handle fuses and breakers.
- If this isn’t the source of the problem, call and leave a message on the Public Works emergency line at (302) 653-8419.
When you call the above number, leave your name, address, phone number, and anything that you saw or heard (like a loud explosion, a line down, or a fallen tree limb) that might help us locate the problem.
- Turn off your electric water heater (usually the top left-hand circuit breaker)
- Unplug your microwave, VCR, and TV so that it won’t be damaged by a power overload when the electricity comes back on.
- Turn on your porch light or other outside light so our crews can see which houses have power and which don’t. It also helps them know when and where the power is back on.
- Have flashlights and a battery-powered radio (with fresh batteries).
- For a major power outage, we will notify local radio stations of the situation and they will keep you informed.
- Call only once. During a major outage, the phones are very, very busy.