- Any person at least 21 years of age
- Has not been convicted of a felony as that crime is designated by the State of Delaware for a period of 15 years immediately preceding his/her election
- Be a bona fide domiciliary of the Town of Clayton
Nominations for the Council shall be filed at the Town Office during the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The deadline to file is Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
- Municipal Candidate Instructions
- Certification of Intention (Kent County) Complete on-line form from Kent County's website and print a copy to submit with Candidate Registration Form. https://cfrs.elections.delaware.gov/Public/CertofIntentHelp
- Statement of Organization
- Statement of Organization - Instructions
- Candidate Withdrawal
- Be a bona fide resident of the Town of Clayton
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Identification and Proof of Residency is required
April 30, 2019 between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Filing dates start on Tuesday, March 19, 2019 and closes on Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
In order to be eligible to vote by absentee ballot, registered voters must meet one of the following criteria:
- Sick, temporarily or permanently physically disabled
- In public service of the U.S. or the State of Delaware
- An eligible non-resident
- Due to the nature of your business or occupation (this includes students and providing dependent care)
- You are incarcerated
- You are absent from the district while on vacation
- Due to the tenents or teachings of your religion
Absentee ballots may be picked up at the Town Office no later than 12:00 noon of the day prior to the election. All ballots must be returned no later than the hour of closing of the polls on said municipal Election Day.
Beth Petro, Chair
Morgan Burnett, Alternate
William R. Carrow II
The seats are filled by William R. Carrow II, Nickolaus Smith, and Alexander Dias.