Live Fire Alarm Log
- Mon Oct, 21 2019 @ 13:32
- Nature: Gas Leak-Outside
4739 Wheatleys Pond Rd
- City: Smyrna, DE 19977
- Wed Oct, 16 2019 @ 15:07
- Nature: Medical Emergency
- City: Clayton
- Wed Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:40
- Nature: Alarm - Residential (Single)
978 Blackbird Forest Rd
- City: Clayton, DE 19938
Child Pedestrian Safety
- Walk on a sidewalk.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the street facing oncoming traffic.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up.
- Walk with an adult until you are at least 10 years old.
- If you walk when it is dark, wear light-colored clothing or clothing with reflective material so drivers can see you. A flashlight is also a good idea.
- Make sure your child takes the same route to common destinations every time.
- Walk with your child to find the safest path.
- Look for the most direct route with the fewest street crossings.
- When you are outside playing, play in a backyard or playground away from the street or parking lots.
- Cross the street at the corner or at a crosswalk if there is one, and obey all traffic signals and signs.
- Do not enter the street from between parked cars or behind bushes or shrubs.
- Never run into a street without stopping.
- Darting into the street accounts for the majority of child pedestrian fatalities
- If a toy or pet goes out into the street, ask an adult for help getting it back.
- Hold an adult's hand when you cross the street.
- Look left, right, and left again before you cross and keep looking both ways until you reach the other side.
- Only cross in front of a school bus when the driver says it is safe.
- Do not cross behind the bus or where the driver can't see you.
For more child pedestrian safety questions, contact the Clayton Police Department at (302) 653-8186.