Monday, March 27, 2017
- Utility bills (electric, water, sewer, and trash) are mailed on or about the 1st of the month.
- Payment is due the 20th of the month. Late fees ($15 for electric and $15 for water) will be assessed on the 21st of the month if past due.
- Delinquent payments are due within ten (10) business days. If no payment is made, utilities will be disconnected without further notice.
- If there is a problem regarding your utility bill or you are experiencing difficulty making a payment, please contact the Town Office at (302) 653-8419.
- A reconnection charge of $25 during normal business hours, $50 after normal business hours, or $75 during weekend hours for each utility plus any balance due must be paid in the Town Office before reconnection occurs.
- Property tax billings are mailed out on or about July 1. Payment is due September 30.
- If payment is not paid by the due date, a late fee of 1% is accessed monthly on the unpaid balance.
- You can look up your total assessed value at the Kent County website. Once you are on the Kent County website, click on the PRIDE icon on the right.
- Please allow seven (7) to ten (10) days when mailing payments.
- Utility and property taxes can be paid by cash, money order, credit card, cashiers check, and personal check. You can pay on-line with a credit card by clicking on On-Line Payments on the left hand side of the homepage.
- Payments can be made at the Town Office from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- After-hour payments can be put in the drop box located at the front door of Town Hall. After-hour payments will be processed the next business day.
- A $30 fee will be imposed on returned checks. All subsequent payments must be made in cash, credit card, or money order.