Sunday, May 19, 2013
Criteria to Run for An Elected Office
In order to be eligible to run for an elected office in the Town of Clayton, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Any person at least 21 years of age
- Has not been convicted of a felony as that crime is designated by the State of Delaware for a period of 15 years immediately preceding his/her election
- Be a bona fide domiciliary of the Town of Clayton
Nominations for the Council shall be filed at the Town Office during the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The deadline to file is Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
You can pick up a Candidate Registration Form at the Town Office or download
Candidate Forms (required by the State)
In order to be eligible to vote:
- Be a bona fide resident of the Town of Clayton
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Identification and Proof of Residency is required
Election and Registration Dates
The Town of Clayton Election shall be held in the Town Office on Tuesday,
April 30, 2013 between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Filing dates start on March 21, 2013 and close on April 9, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
Absentee Voter Information
In order to be eligible to vote by absentee ballot, registered voters must meet one of the following criteria:
- Sick, temporarily or permanently physically disabled
- In public service of the U.S. or the State of Delaware
- An eligible non-resident
- Due to the nature of your business or occupation (this includes students and providing dependent care)
- You are incarcerated
- You are absent from the district while on vacation
- Due to the tenents or teachings of your religion
Absentee ballots may be picked up at the Town Office no later than 12:00 noon of the day prior to the election. All ballots must be returned no later than the hour of closing of the polls on said municipal Election Day.
Board of Elections Committee
Eddy Seger, Chairman
George Camacho, Alternate
The following candidates are running for a seat on Town Council on April 30, 2013:
William R. Carrow II
Thomas E. Horn, Jr.
The results of the April 30, 2013 election are as follows:
William R. Carrow II 182
Thomas E. Horn, Jr. 176
Alexander Dias 171
Howard Blackstone 103